Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dorothy is Dead!


We are so sad to announce that Dorothy has joined the world of Spirit Fish after a short lived life of 23 hours at the Clarke home. Upon arriving home from dinner last night, we noticed that she was floating a little more than swimming. Ada seems to be handling it okay... we just told her that Dorothy had to take a bath in the potty. She seemed to understand that because to her Dorothy was always "takin' a baf" (taking a bath in her fish bowl). Farewell, Dorothy! You are the best and most beloved fish we ever had!

5 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

I'm sorry but I am actually laughing. You guys had a good run for your money though. I have had four fish in my life time. Three ate each other and one just wouldn't die even after I wanted it to. So I gave it to Tascha who gave it away after it continued living. At least you didn't have to clean out the fish bowl all the time.

Jensen Family said...

I am a little embarrassed to admit this but I actually shed a tear when our first fish died. There were a whole 2 minutes where I was pretty upset!

Tyson and Danielle said...

ummm i am so sad that this sweet fish died!!! when davis died we had a funeral for him. haha. so tragic.
ada is gorgeous and i LOVE the pics of her looking at the fish. i am obsessed with her.

Kimber said...

Poor, dear Dorothy. She made it as long as my fish usually do. I have a bad track record with living things. Luckily, Melissa seems to be hanging in there. Maybe because I don't make her live in a bowl.

Julie C. said...

23 hours? That is like 2 weeks of a human life. That post really had me laughing. Probably because a little goldfish Katie won somewhere (named Nemo) lived about the same time. Maybe that is their life span. Over 24 hours and they need to go to the old fish home. RIP Dorothy.
Aunt Julie