Saturday, April 3, 2010

Everything Easter

So, I have, of recent, had an epiphany... Easter is my absolute most favorite Holiday-hands down. I'm not just talking about the BEST and most AMAZING candy that seems to only come out around this time of year - but everything about it! We get to celebrate Christ and his atonement and crowning ressurection! I mean, Christmas is great, but we tend to focus so much on the nativity and His birth when the real and most awe inspiring reason He came was to do what we celebrate every Easter - to free us from every bad thing that could ever possibly happen to us. To give us eternal life! Woo hoo! I love that at Easter time the ugly winter starts to melt away, and warmth and color come back into our lives. And to top it off, we get to watch General Conference at Easter time (which I get very excited about). Life is grand, isn't it? Here are some things we've been doing to to Celebrate our Easter Week...
Ada and Penny in their Easter Dresses.

Ada giving Penny a dandylion... what a sweet big sister. :)

Ada loves rolling her tongue...







Pretty Penny.










Thanks, Grandma Neibaur for the cute Easter Dresses!!


Dyeing Easter Eggs



GLITTER EGGS! My friend Rebecca gave Ada that cute little apron.






Although an artist, Penny refrained from helping too much knowing that her oral fixation usually gets the best of her in such situations... we know you'll nip it in the bud someday, Penn.



The Fam, as taken by the wall. It was pretty early... morning breath and all.


"Ta-Da!" Can't you just see her saying it in this picture?? It is definitely one of her favorite phrases...


Carrot Cake Cupcakes
We went over to Natalie's house to make our dessert for Easter dinner on Sunday. The best carrot cake cupcakes ever - with extra walnuts! Natalie, Cozette, Ada and I had such a fun time decorating...





and Ada planted a garden...


Ada - not so sure she can really eat it now... and cute Claire in the background.



YAY!! We love Easter!

6 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Wow! Those cupcakes look both beautiful and yummy. And, your kids are SO CUTE! I love how Penny looks like a little girl. She is getting so old/ you should update your blog more :) jk. unless you want to.

Jamie said...

I love the dresses! Too cute. You are looking skinny miss:)

Sarah and Cory Smith said...

Happy Easter you guys. Love the pics. I cannot get over how much Penny looks like Ada. You have beautiful children.
P.S. Cory says that if we should name our next kid "Vick" that you should name your next kid "Nickel". Ha.ha. Just kidding!!
Take Care.

Katrina said...

My baby girls are getting so big! I can't stand it. I love Easter too. It is wonderful! I can't wait until you guys move here. Let the countdown begin :)

The KGB Family said...

Cute girls! Those cupcakes look d-lish. Nice pictures of your little ones. I for one don't want you to move :(

Jensen Family said...

YAY! you blogged! Keep up the good work Heidi! But I don't like the count down Katrina presented!